Weekly Plans for the week of September 5, 2013- September 6, 2013
Thursday, September 5, 2013
Objectives: As a result of the lesson students will....
1.) Learn and practice the rituals and routines for the 2013-2014 academic year.
Rituals will include:
- hallway behavior and expectations
- locker procedures
- combination lock and locking procedures
-classroom rules and expectations
- homework policies
- class switching
- schedule changes and class rotation
- fire drill procedures
- technology requirements an use in the STEM program
- homework and class work expectations and policies
2.) Discuss and generate a list of classroom expectations for students and teacher.
3.) Create a visual four square that represents each of the students.
4.) Complete an interest inventory. Discuss with peers similarities in regard to the interest inventory.
Students will meet as a large group to discuss the expectations of then STEM program.
- students will gather and learn about the five bs of the STEM program. Teachers will model group work using the five behavioral expectations.
- teachers will have students evaluate their group work.
- students will work in groups create visuals that represent the five bs.
Friday, September 6, 2013
Science and non-fiction objectives
Students will .....
1.) Preview the science curriculum and share what they know about climate and weather.
2. Share background knowledge about non- fiction literature.